I had such a great weekend thanks to Jose, my friend Heidi and abuela (grandma)! Jose took the day off on Friday. I woke him up to go to work and he surprised me by saying, "I'm staying home babe!" I was so happy to hear those words! I was running on empty and needed a little break from all the daily chaos. so he stayed home and helped me out with anything I needed (I love PTO). that same day the kids were going to go to our friends Heidi's house for the evening and Jose and I were going to go see "The Lovely Bones" but Amelyah came home from school with a fever and a runny nose. after telling her that she had to stay home because she was sick, she decided to throw a little tantrum and call me a bad mommy! I didn't pay too much attention to the tantrum thing because I knew she was sick and dilusional! lol later that night my mother in law showed up to comfort her because everyone knows that abuela makes everything better! Amelyah, abuela and I stayed home all day on Saturday because I wanted her to get better before Monday so she could go to school. Jose took Sam and Amandah to the library for a good amount of time and we all had time to rest at home. Sunday was a regular day and again I stayed home with the kiddos because Amelyah was still kind of sick. but then Monday rolled along and I got the gift of a lifetime ... my friend Heidi invited the kids to her house for a play date and I got some time to myself and of course some one on one time with Amandah, which doesn't come by very often. so while baby slept mommy went wild with answering emails, facebooking, talking on the phone and a little laundry here and there. I am so grateful for Jose, Heidi and abuela! they made my weekend so much more relaxing and they gave me some well needed time off. it's crazy how much you crave the silence or alone time, or at least I know I do. I love my kids and I love being able to stay home with them but things definitely get crazier the older they get! so tomorrow it's back to normal ... away we go right? :)

P.S. I added this picture of Amandah cause she is so dang cute and because it's my blog and I can! lol
I second that Yitein, Amandah is a cute, cute thing! I wish you guys were here.
ReplyDeleteD&M